Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Dear 2008

Goodbye 2008.

It's not that I don't like you. I'm tired of hearing about you. So much happened this year. Matter of fact, so much happened this year that it'll be in the history books for years to come.

2008. The worst financial crisis since the Great Depression. Mortgage crisis. Lehman Brothers. Stock Market plunges. Bailouts. US auto industry. Job losses. All of it. Yes, I'm tired of hearing about it but at the same time, I am thankful that the economy didn't hit my family harder than it could have.

Terroist attacks in India. Russia Georgia war. Images I hate to see.

Okay 2008, you did have some things that were positive. I loved watching the Olympics with the boys. Especially watching Michael Phelps win a record 8 Gold medals! Watching Obama's historic presential win -- especially the acceptance speech was something I was glad to see.

2008, you weren't all bad. I mean, I did get to go to Disney World twice this year! Jared and I celebrated 10 years of marriage. In fact, this year as every day passed, we grew closer together.
So 2008, you weren't all bad. But like I said, since we will be hearing about you, reading about you for a long time, I'm ready to put you behind us!

Here's to 2009! For peace, love and prosperity!!!

No comments: